From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:59:21 -0500
No slaves in 70 or so years? Many good African-Americans considered the time
that slavery truly ended as when the Civil Rights laws were passed and
enforced, and time before that was described as "slavery times".

With your thinking, why then do we celebrate the birth and death of Jesus
Christ when he lived over 2,000 years ago? Why do we celebrate the
Declaration of Independence, when it was written so many years ago? Why
celebrate your birthday, considering your age now?

Why?

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem