Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:59:05 EDT
An example of "diversification" in the "infrastructure" of the  free-thinking
herd (popular academia terms).

I assume, but don't know, that the aforementioned author has found a place
in the herd, although not a trained historian, and is the hit of this
forum because, in part (a) a woman; and (b) a member of some ethnic  group
previously mistreated by the evil Western European culture.

And that Mr.Herb Barger, distinguished Jefferson Family Historian, is
maligned and/or his expertise not recognized and respected  to a great  extent
because (a) a man and (b) not a member of some ethnic group previously  mistreated
by the evil Western European culture, but is himself a a member  of said
culture, and (c) dares to correct the aforementioned author for her  factual
errors.

Please confirm if these assumptions are correct so I can at last  understand
what all the controversy is about.

Thank you.

J South