From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:38:07 -0700
Anne,
I want to respond to the part of your message about Natives coming through
South America. My brother took a Paternal line (Y-DNA) test in 2004, and his
Haplogroup came back K (M9). This line has been traced back 60,000 years to
an individual called Eurasian Adam. This African man, is the common ancestor
of every non-African person living today. His descendants migrated out of
African and became the only lineage to survive away from Huamnity's home
continent. This Y Chromosome is common among people in Columbia, among the
native South Americans.  My brother received a certificate of ancestry
authenticating that this line matched with the Native Americans in Columbia.

My grandfather, was the son of freed slaves on his mother and fathers side.
We did know that they were part Native, but not that they came from Columbia
South America. In other words this tribe did not come to North America from
the Bering Strait, but from South America. We do not know if they were
brought as slaves from South America, of if they migrated on their own. My
grandfather and his siblings were orphaned at a young age, and no one in the
family seems to know the history.

I found your post very interesting.

Anita