From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:38:01 -0400
#1 - PERFORMERS - Wonders will never cease.  A friend of mine sent me the path to the list of entertainers at Jamestown on that big weekend.  It does not tell you specifically WHAT they are going to play, but at least it tells you who they are, where they are from, and what kind of music they play.  Like that intriguing 'Indigenous Gourd Band' from Richmond.

Start with:

 http://www.americas400thanniversary.com/se-anniversaryweekend.cfm

On this page click on "click here for entertainment lineup" and you get
http://www.jamestown2007.org/anniversary-weekend-stages.cfm

Things are listed by time and day.  Huzzah.

Correction
I find that Der Alte Kameraden German Band is playing under another name:

Blaskapelle Alte Kameraden from Fairfax City- 4:15

As far as I know, they will play three selections from the 1907 Jamestown Exposition.

#2 - TICKETS.  My friend said that there are major problems following the string to buy tickets on line.....  some of his band members have given up and actually backed out since they could not get through to get tickets for their families.  Instead, he suggests that you telephone and talk to a life form:   1-866-400-1607.

Tickets are $30 and good for only one of the three days, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

See you in Jamestowne, if not before :-))

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne