From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:14:12 -0400
Just read John Ragosta's impressive Appendix B examining mobilization and
how religious dissenters supported the war effort with enlistments and
supplies, etc.....
    I certainly empathize with his closing remark about the data and (lack
of) earlier scholarship :

"previous... histories lauding the bravery and loyalty of particular
individuals can be fascinating but provide little comparative analysis of
the relative strength of mobilization by sect." Ragosta, Wellspring of
Liberty, p. 189

Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com <http://www.jonkukla.com/>