From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 19:59:49 -0500
Neal,

I think if you re-read your post to Anita, you will find that you and she
are talking at cross purposes. Pointing out that there were Scotch-Irish
among the Revolutionaries does not establish that there were intermarriages
between the English and the Scotch-Irish. The difference in religions would
of course, be a major stumbling block in earlier times.

When you are checking your sources, you may want to check and see if those
marriages you say existed between scotch-irish and english occurred only in,
say, the lower class, but not the upper ones.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org