From:
David Kiracofe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:46:21 -0400
Thanks;  I wish I could keep that much on the top of my head!  Really, this is very useful for addressing my class' questions.

Regards,

David Kiracofe

David Kiracofe
History
Tidewater Community College
Chesapeake Campus
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
757-822-5136
>>> Andrew Talkov <[log in to unmask]> 09/15/08 10:45 AM >>>
David,

Right off the top of my head, there were at least a few Virginia units
in the Battle of Chickamauga (Tennessee) in 1863.  The 54th and 63rd
Infantry were attached to the Army of the Tennessee until the end of the
war.

63rd Virginia Infantry

54th Virginia Infantry

Jeffress' (Virginia) Battery

Jordan's (Virginia) Battery

Parker's (Virginia) Battery

Taylor's (Virginia) Battery

Woolfolk's (Virginia) Battery

I'm sure there are others out there...  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Andrew H. Talkov

Exhibition Coordinator for Virginia's Civil War Sesquicentennial

Virginia Historical Society

428 N. Boulevard

Post Office Box 7311

Richmond, Virginia  23221-0311