From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 00:05:53 -0500
AMEN! I grew up on the other side of Forest Hill Park, on West 33rd
Street. My husband grew up on New Kent Ave. When was this "JERR dens'
Market"? The earliest one in that area that my husband remembers is a
"Chesterfield Market."

I fear that future generations will never know that natives pronounce/
d it "hen WRECK uh" not "hen RIKE o."

Maybe we should start a club? Or file a paper with the Valentine
Museum, for future historians to make note of?

I think it's kind of amusing, I can always tell if a person is from
the general eastern VA.- Md. area, if they say "th' Chesapeake Bay."
It's always "the." Non- locals call it "Chesapeake Bay."

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone