From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:23:15 GMT
Greetings,
I would like to add the name of Ambrose Lewis, who served in the Revolutionary War out of Fredericksburg.  He was a Free Black, and served as a Seamen, and in the Colonial Forces. He fought at the Battle of Camden SC, and was wounded nine times. After the war he was granted a pension for the injuries her received at the Battle of Camden.

Anita Wills

CHECK THIS OUT

From Henrico, Onward and Outward Hatchers and Lewises Among County’s Far-Flung Families.

http://www.henricocitizen.com/news/News_Item.2003-07-03.4135

--- Will Molineux <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The Rev. William Archer Rutherfoord Goodwin, not only for his work in
restoring Williamsburg but other sites/structures as well. He was a
pioneer in historic preservation. Will Molineux, Williamsburg