From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:37:35 -0500
Thanks for all this, wow, quite interesting. I hope the site is
fairly well protected, once people see those timbers in the newspaper
pictures, I'd worry about souvenir hunters down there cutting out
pieces to take home. I was amazed to see how well preserved they are.
Might there be a full archaeological exploration of the area, to find
where the 1621/22 iron workers lived? Were they buried at the site?
Is it possible it might be as rich with relatively untouched
artifacts as they have been finding at Jamestown? Aside from finding
the ironworking technology at the site, I would think finding how the
ironworkers lived would be very unique. Not merchants or farmers or
the wealthy, but ironworkers. People like that probably aren't very
well represented in the records. I hope I can get down there one day
to see it for myself.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone