From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:00:57 -0400
Joanne & Lyle,

Thank you both for your insightful and full explanations on the book I am
reading. It is a good story, but knowing that it is fiction does not take
away from the writing, just on the knowledge. In the section I was reading
last night, Mezier asserts that the Chinese Explorers left a stone monument
on the Verdes islands off the west coast of Africa. Unfortunately, when it
was examined, the medieval language was from India rather than from China.
If the Chinese wanted to prove they were there, why would they not leave the
stones in their own language? Other passages have given me pause to question
his tale as well.

In recent months, I've read 1491 by Charles Mann, and re-read The Invasion
of America by Jennings. One or both mentions the Asian features and items
found among Native societies, and Mann mentions Asian DNA in some as well.
Mann postulates that in addition to the Natives who arrived in America via
the Bering Strait, there could have also been an incursion that crossed the
Pacific at or near Antartica and traveled up the coast of South America,
probably in small boats, to build an early civilization on the coast of
Peru.

One of the things that Menzies does that bothers me, is constantly asserting
that he is better equipped than historians and anthropologists to discover
these "truths" because he is a first class "navigator" and can read sea
charts!

Again, thanks for the insights and links!

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org