From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:56:13 -0700
Right on, Diane.   --Joanne

Diane Ethridge <[log in to unmask]> wrote: For those of us who had ancestors who owned slaves & also had ancestors who
were Quakers &/or who didn't believe in slavery so bought slaves in order to
free them, how do we figure the percentage of what we owe?    Then do we
also owe on anything our ancestors did to the Jews, Irish, Catholics,
Quakers,  Yankees, Hispanics, etc, etc.   Some of our ancestors were also
probably one or more of all of these groups...I'm confused...sounds like
somebody owes me?        There probably isn't an ethnic group, religion,
skin color or a persons from certain areas of the country who hasn't felt
the lash of prejudice or bad treatment from the majority or ruling class in
any given place or time.  A good idea now would be to call it "even" & get a
life.

Diane in TX