From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:09:00 -0400
T.C. "Lawyer" Walker's autobiography is indeed very interesting.  But Walker
does pull some of his punches.  In the 1950s he presents himself as a Booker
T. Washington self-uplift kind of leader, but he was an active Readjuster in
the 1880s, pushing for a black-white alliance with a distinct Republican
agenda.

Harold S. Forsythe