From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:08:05 -0500
Cynthia,

Thanks for pointing out that Nat Turner is on the 6th grade SOLs. I will
check it out and add what is missing to the Famous Americans. To date, I
have only listed the SOL Famous Americans for K-5.

As to teaching only what is on the SOLs wherever did you get the idea I felt
that was all that needed to be done? Apparently you haven't looked at the
Educational Synthesis website. Even the Famous Americans, which started with
the SOLs people, has gone on from there.

The best solution is for teachers to teach the children as much as they can
learn, in the best way they can learn, and in such a manner as to provide
joy to the learning.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert