From:
Netti Schreiner-Yantis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:54:01 -0500
I love you!!  Thank you so much for this help.  However, I am REALLY dumb when it comes to computers
and I have not been able to use the URL you gave me.  I don't know if my computer isn't able--or if
it's me, but probably the latter.

Could you help me just a little more?  See if I have entered the data you sent correctly and it I
haven't change it?

This is the instructions I have given Deed Mapper:

!
Typ Patent
Id
Ref PB 6:445
Dat 1672
Frm England
To Richard Perrin
Re 740a N side James River
Adj John Burton, James River, Cornelius Cr
Pt 0 - marked tree below John Burton's house down ye River 12 feet below Cornelius Cr
ln NExN; 104;
pt 1
ln ENE; 70;
pt 2 - Sta 5 assumed to be on Wm Cocke line,
ln NWxN; 185;
pt 3 - w.o. corner
ln WSW; 300;
pt 4 - river above Jno Burton's house,
lm ;; down the river.
end

_______

It seems to look about right, but I'm not sure-- and I still have the other tract to do.  Could you
put the metes and bounds as if you were on Deed Mapper.  I can copy it intact if you will.

_______

By the way, I found something that might interest you if you don't already have it.  It is a
question of the bounds of "this other tract.

Henrico County Reel #66. Records [orders] 1710-1714,

        pg. 4 - Trespass.  Thomas & Kath (wife) Farrer, pltf. vs John Stewart, deft.

        pg. 8 -June 1, 1710 -  Case above.  [The Thomas & Katherine Perrin's land appears to be the
256 a which they received from Richard Perrin, and later William Cocke patented.] Find at distance
of 72 poles above Cornelius Cr up a place called the "Narrows" on James River there is a stake fixt,
which Plft. & Deft agree was their boundary on the River and that from thence the course between
them should be: N3E;3.5 chains to parcel of trees marked on the swamp side and we find a NE course
from the said trees to be the dividing line between them so far as Cornelius, his creek, for the
neck and swamp and within the said land of the pltfs on that side Cornelius Cr.  We find the deft
trespassed by cutting down 1 oak tree.  We also find the course of the patent which said Stewart
claimes under "from a marked tree standng on upper side the said creek to be NE and at a distance of
60 chains from the tree on the creek above mentioned we find the said line that intersects a line
that was proved to us by oath of Mr. William Cocke, to be the dividing line agreed between Richard
Perrin and William Ballew who formerly posest the said land, and that he had seen the line twice
processioned when both the said pltf and Ballew were present & find the pltfs land from the
intersection aforesaid to be N33E to a w.o. by oath of Wm Cocke appeared to us to be the corner tree
between said Perrin and Ballew.

_______

My interest is in the Baileys who owned land adjacent to WORLD'S END, then later, because of a
marriage of Thomas Bailey to Jane Perrin, ended up owning a portion of it.

I will be more than happy to share what I have done.  Perhaps it would be good to see if we come up
with the same data?

Sincerest regards,

Netti