From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:46:50 -0400
I think the Executive Papers archival category mentioned actually begins
with the independent commonwealth in 1776.
 Correspondence of Gooch and Spotswood to Board of Trade would be a place to
look in the microfilm of the Virginia Colonial Records Project . . . survey
reports of which are searchable on LVA online catalogue.
  Another place to chekc would be the catalogue of Colonial Williamsburg's
Rockefeller Library . . . CW has a succinct summary of the 1730 insurrection
on its website (sans footnotes, but I'll bet its backed up by research
papers catalogued in their library).
  Might possibly be comment in Fulham Palace papers (also VCRP) which
preserve correspondence from Va (& other colonies) to Bishop of London.

Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com