From:
James Hershman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:09:08 -0500
Bland,

Thank you for providing this information. In Danville during 1963, two
white ministers lost their pulpits, another was severely censured by his
governing board all for being supportive of the civil rights movement in
the city. A  small order of Catholic nuns was ordered by their bishop not
to participate in street demonstrations in Danville. Not all the white
clergy in Virginia were segregationists or moral cowards--it's a story not
completely told yet.

Jim Hershman

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM, William B. Whitley <[log in to unmask]