From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:47:04 -0400
Neil you do have a great and accurate grasp of the present TJ/Sally
controversy. You "hit the nail on the head" completely. GET Tom at any
cost! I, like you, do not try to balance slavery, black/white one way or
the other, these revisionist members of some recognized academic
institutions do and we know why. With me it is a matter of truth and
decency for anyone, not necessarily TJ..anyone. I caught them with their
hand in the till and will expose them at every chance as we ALL should.

If I had thought that Monticello was doing a fair and unbiased study do
you think I would have spent ten years and many dollars opposing their
lies? I and my associates are many and REAL PATRIOTS and will always
stand tall for Mr. Jefferson. When I caught them I knew, along with
other numerous researchers and founded the Thomas Jefferson Heritage
Society (www.tjheritage.org.) Monticello had to sue us for our original
name, Thomas Jefferson Foundation, in Charlottesville Court they won,
took our name and now operate under that name having DROPPED "Memorial"
from their title.........who are they NOW memorializing?

Is everyone now beginning to get the picture?? If we weren't here to
represent Mr Jefferson's legacy, then who? They may own his mansion but
NOT his cemetery or his legacy and that is what counts in my opinion.
It's costly and Monticello continues to drag in big bucks until the
public starts to investigate a little closer. A former Thomas Jefferson
Memorial Foundation Chairman once told me, "Dan is the best fund raiser
that they have ever had" and I am sure that is true, however, my
question was why destroy TJ's image in the process? Dr. Jordan retires
Nov. 1, 2008, with a flourish I am certain. Our fledgling competition
could use some of the money earmarked by meaningful donors there. If you
desire to assist please follow instructions at our web page.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian
Asst. to Dr Foster on DNA Study