From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:04:29 -0500
For starters, you might wish to consult Walter Minchinton, Celia King,
and Peter Waite, eds., _Virginia Slave-Trade Statistics, 1698-1775_
(Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1984), which lists ships and
ships' master gleaned from port records. Of course, it probably misses
other ships and traders who one way or another slipped through the
record-keeping and tax-collecting cracks.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's Web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us