From:
"Huffstutler, Eric S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 11:02:18 -0400
His last name is spelled WILLS

Capt. Charles Wills

He should be at the historic St. John's Church here in Richmond, VA.
The church he and his family attended, some of his children married
there, and it is within eyeshot of the house (4 blocks away).  It was
also the most used and some note the only public cemetery at the time
when he died in 1820.  But the records for that era of the cemetery were
destroyed many years ago along with headstones.  His is now unmarked.

As far as I can tell he served as private in the 19th (Ambler's)
Regiment and the 2nd (Ballowe's) Regiment VA Militia.  And probably made
a Captain after the war in the local Camp Holly Militia in Richmond, VA.

One person had his as a ship's captain but I haven't run across anything
to prove that.  His family came from the Norfolk (Isle of Wight County)
area and later settled in Warwick County at Mulberry Island which is now
the location of Ft. Eustis in Newport News, VA.  Wills was in Richmond
by the 1801 tax records.

Eric S. Huffstutler
Richmond, VA