From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:14:50 -0800
I am interested in this topic, because one of my ancestors was a personal
servant in the Washington household. She was a personal servant to Elizabeth
Washington Spotswood, and in this context became a seamstress. When
Elizabeth was married (about 1771), Patty was there to oversee the wedding.
When Patty's indenture ended, she was a Seamstress in Fredericksburg. I
would like to see pictures of the Spotswood wedding, and the gown that
Elizabeth wore.  Elizabeths husband was Alexander Spotswood, the Governor of
Virginia.

If anyone knows where I can find pictures, please email me.

Anita Wills

AMAZON.COM PURCHASE SITE - NOTES AND DOCUMENTS OF FREE PERSONS OF COLOR :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1411603338/qid=1097778584/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8775456-1855815?v=glance&s=books

BOWDENS' OF POPES CREEK WEBSITE:
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/mpbwdnfnd/index.html

"The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its
people" African Proverb.