From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:40:54 -0400
Agreed.  This topic is forever packing my inbox.  The whole point can
be quickly summed up:

1.  Someone in the Jefferson family fathered at least one of Sally
Heming's sons
2.  Some say it was Thomas Jefferson himself, others say he could
also have been another family member (specifically Randolph Jefferson)
3. Some make a great deal of money writing books claiming that it was
TJ, and not another Jefferson family member who fathered not just one
son by SH, but her entire family.  In this past Sunday's issue of the
Richmond Times-Dispatch, the author of the latest book proudly
reveals that she has still another book to write claiming this.

MY THOUGHTS:

4. Since nobody can really prove anything, and since so very few
people really care,  why isn't there another venue to take this
little side show? (I was at the LVA all day Friday when the book's
author was making her appearance.  Didn't seem to many people there
who attended.)

Best,
Craig Kilby