From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:56:12 -0400
I completed a DNA test for my mothers, mothers, mothers etc., line, and
the results are surprising. The line I traced is the wife of my ancestor
Charles Lewis, who was a Free Person of Color in Colonial Virginia.
Charles, and his brother Ambrose joined the Revolutionary War out of
Fredericksburg.  The DNA Test I took came back 87% European, 8% Native
American, and 5% African.  I am surprised that my ancestor, who was a
Mulatto would be 87% European.  I certainly thought she would be more
Native, African or a mixture of all three.

I have been in contact with some of my DNA Cousins, who are assisting me
in finding other European ancestors.  The countries my cousins are found
in is Germany, France, Estonia, and England (Wales). I do not know what my
ancestors surname was but those contacting me have mentioned Cocke, Webb,
Blevins, and Bolling. The area that these ancesters lived in is now Wythe
County. My Revolutionary War ancestor, Charles Lewis owned property in the
City of Richmond, and Henrico County. His wife, Susanna is mentioned in
some of the deeds I have (they purchased property in Rockets Land in the
City of Richmond). However, I am not certain that this Susanna is the
mother of Nancy (Charles daughter, and my direct ancestor).

Anyway, it is all quite interesting, and I am communicating with a DNA
cousin who lives near Perth Australia.