From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:17:27 -0500
Diana, I found a good article about the Savage Grant which is the list
that I believe you are asking about.  I did not see a Pottenger nor a
Kercheval on the list.

The map in the article is a bit hard to read, but if you get out a map
of KY/WV/Ohio, the land is on the  KY and WV side of the Big Sandy River
starting at Louisa, Ky and traveling north until the Big Sandy meets the
Ohio.  Then the land is on the side that is now WV of the Ohio River
until just past Huntington, WV in what is still called Greenbottom.  The
men who received land for their service served under John Savage.  There
is information about this man in the article as well.  My son and I
bought some land in the last few years.  When we had a surveyor survey
our property, he showed me two rocks that were used in the original
survey.  So the home that I live in now is on property that was once
part of the Savage Grant.

This discussion that you get to by the below link is sponsored by the
KYOWVA genealogical society.  I am sure that there are more lists of
soldiers who served in the French and Indian War....I will give it some
thought.  Marsha in WV

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvkgs/savage.html