From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:07:09 -0500
Some of the places along the coast, the Outer Banks of NC, etc. that
retain that Elizabethan speech still pronounce it "JERR den". I may
be mis-remembering, but President Carter had a fellow Georgian on
staff, Hamilton Jordan, and I think they pronounced that "JERR den",
too.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone