From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:19:19 -0400
While celebrating the hunt for attributions, I think its a stretch to
attribute this one to Jefferson :   A quick online search for a couple of
distinctive words from the VA GAZETTE letter in the Jefferson papers at
Library of Congress - American Memory online shows that
Jefferson doesn't seem to have used/referred to these terms in his LC
correspondence:

   - Briareus  (two-headed, hundred-handed creatures from the mythic days of
   the Titan)
   - collision of opposites
   - la Grange
   - Lord Verulam

and what about the celebration of *populous cities* in 3rd graf . . .
For now, a Scots verdict I think

Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com <http://www.jonkukla.com/>
Online interview : http://www.virginiavoice.org/celebrity.html