From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 23:14:15 -0800
I traced my ancestry through Wales, after taking the Maternal line DNA test.
My Lewis line were Welsh, and belong to the group you described.  Family
tree DNA has set up a study group of descendants of these Royal lines (with
surnames such as Lewis, Washington, Warner, Evans etc.). Many of the names
are European settlers of Virginia. There are several study groups of these
lines, who are connected to the Royal lines in England. However, the Welsh
and English are two distinct groups, with the English being Germanic, and
the Welsh described as Celts.

According to Lewis family genealogists, the line entered Europe from the
Iberian Peninsula about 45,000 years ago. They first settled in Spain, and
then Switzerland, Germany, France, and then England. Members of the original
group continue to reside in the Basque region of Spain. I was communicating
with one of my DNA cousins in Belrusia, and she said that her line had been
run out of Spain during the Inquisition. In other words they were in Spain
for thousands of years, before being dispersed. I have communicated with DNA
cousins throughout Europe and the US, and the Europeans have the most
knowledge of their history. The Europeans also have no problem with stating
that the original ancestors came from Africa into Europe.

It actually took a combination of research, oral history, and DNA to solve
the riddles in my line.

Anita