Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:09:59 -0500
Anne,
Regarding your question (below)

Are you suggesting that because some guilty persons get away with what
they do, that other guilty persons should be forgiven for their crimes?

If we judge Nat Turner harshly for his actions, how should we judge
those
who murdered the 200+ slaves without trial, as revenge for his action?
Should they who are nameless be judged with the same harshness as we
apply
to Turner? What about the legislators who took their revenge on harsher
slave laws? Were they right in so acting? Or do we have a harsh
indictment
for their vengeful response to a valid bid for freedom?