From:
Daniel Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:11:17 -0400
Oh . . . they're all true, jo . . . clearly backed up by an often
underestimated source of historical truth sometimes referred to as
"evidence wishful anecdotalist"   or EWA.

It's the sort of evidence that puts two black regiments at 1st
Manassas . . . serving on the Confederate side.  One with a white
colonel.  One serving under a black officer.

Doubters abound (silly people) . . . but they all fall silent after
noting that the story was published by the UVA press . . . as part of
a distinguished series bearing the name of James Robertson as general
editor.

Similar EWA evidence shows up in some of David Irving's musings about
Hitler's innocence.  Doubters of Holocaust denial are, of course,
inevitably silenced by the brilliant exegesis of the PM or Iran.

Go figger.

Just because the bulk of the OTHER (i.e. NON-EWA)  evidence seems to
contradict these conclusions, who are WE to say they aren't true.

It's not as if there are . . . good Lord . . . "standards."

Heavens . . . as a practicing lawyer you know the "truth" is what one
can convince a jury . . . or the Supreme Court . . . or the
faithful . . .  to believe on any given day.  No?

It is, indeed, sort of  a faith thing.

For we members of the "wishful anecdotalist" school, "They're true
'cause we believe 'em.  We believe 'em 'cause they're true."

If David Irving be for me, who can be against me?  Right?

Off to walk on the moon!

Dan Morrow
Middleburg