From:
Michael Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:13:53 -0600
Alex--For context,  Race Relations in Virginia and Miscegenation in the South, 1776-1860 by James Hugo Johnston and New People: Miscegenation and Mulattoes in the US by Joel Williamson may prove useful, if you have not examined these two books yet--Mick

Michael L. Nicholls
Professor of History, Emeritus
Dept. of History
Utah State University