From:
Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:11:53 -0500
Thanks for this valuable post, Pat.

The only thing I would question--in light of the texts of the various
iterations of the Book of Common Prayer we've found in this discussion
as well as the information Randy Cabell provided in his first post
earlier this morning--is your statement that "it would be odd if
wedding rings, routinely exchanged back in Britain, would not have been
exchanged here in an Anglican ceremony."  The information at hand
suggests that wedding rings were *not* "routinely exchanged back in
Britain,"--instead, only the woman received a ring.  Your comments on
the dower symbolism probably explain why that was so.

Best wishes--

--Jurretta