From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:20:07 -0500
I was not aware that the state song was retired. On my web site for
Virginia, I have a link ot "carry me back to ole Virginny" as the state
song. I may just leave it there until a new one is chosen.

There was a song that came out a number of years ago called "Sweet Virgnia
Breeze" recorded by a Virginian who's name eludes me in his senior moment. I
always like the song and thought it would make a fitting state song. It is
catchy and easy to sing.

Somewhere I've got a recording of Sweet Virginia Breeze, so I can look up
the name of the artist and will add it later.

Anne
Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.erols.com/apembert