From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:42:03 -0700
> Randy,
>
> I just did a quick search of the "Virginia Gazette" via Colonial
> Williamsburg's Rockefeller Library site and came up with the following
> references:
>
> Trumpets,
>
> at celebration in Hanover co.,Va.,
>
> Page: 3, Column: 2,
> 1737-10-07<http://research.history.org/cwdl_new/display/vg.cfm?pub=VG&y=37&m=Oc&d=7&pg=3&col=2>
>
> Page: 4, Column: 2,
> 1737-12-09<http://research.history.org/cwdl_new/display/vg.cfm?pub=VG&y=37&m=D&d=9&pg=4&col=2>
>
> for British army,
>
> Publisher: Purdie & Dixon
> Page: 1, Column: 2,
> 1766-11-13<http://research.history.org/cwdl_new/display/vg.cfm?pub=PD&y=66&m=N&d=13&pg=1&col=2>
>
> in Williamsburg,Va.,theater,
>
> Publisher: Rind
> Page: 3, Column: 1,
> 1772-11-19<http://research.history.org/cwdl_new/display/vg.cfm?pub=R&y=72&m=N&d=19&pg=3&col=1>
>
> I don't know if the links will be transmitted along with this posting, but
> if they aren't, go to www.history.org, click on "Research" at the top, and
> then "CW Digital Library," and scroll down, click on "Virginia Gazette,"
> and
> you'll be able to search the Gazette for any topic you please.
> Martha Katz-Hyman

Thanks, so much Martha, for the references.  We are in North Carolina b
aby sitting for a daughter, and I am limping along on a borrowed compueter
for the Internet.  For some reason, my new VISTA WINDOWS laptop does not
connect to the internet here.

So when we get home, I'll follow up on the references.  It is so exciting
finding some real references.  I have just about pushed the single
sighting of a trumpet mouthpiece to the maximum!!!

Randy