From:
"Huffstutler, Eric S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 12:14:33 -0400
Neil, Looks like many on the list were small tankers after
cross-referencing the Uboat.net website and the tanker names in the
usmm.org spreadsheet.

http://www.uboat.net/allies/merchants/listing.php

They run roughly 5,000-10,000 tons.  Nothing like the tankers of today
that weigh in at 100,000-200,000 tons each.

But it is fascinating to know that Virginia had its own oil spill of
sorts.

Eric