From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 14:49:28 -0700
That was an excellent, well written article. He could have been writing about the lines I traced in Virginia. There was the law, and then their were the people.  When I was growing up in Pennsylvania there were quite a few African Americans from Virginia there. They worked in the Steel Mill, or owned their own businesses.  When they reached retirement age, most returned to Virginia. Looking back now I see that the only issue they had with Virginia was economics. Once they had their retirement, they got a little house and moved back. Some already had land, and were building their dream houses during vacations.

I believe that most Virginians are forward thinking people.

Anita