From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:36:12 -0400
Many thanks to both you and Stuart Butler. I now have the copies from which to write the appropriate footnote. I like Joseph Ball's term "designedly burnt." Then again, I like of his words, for example, in another to Joseph Chinn he calls his overseers "slubbering sons of bitches" -- turning a adjective (slubbery)  into a verb while at it.  The man certainly was not shy about writing what he thought.

Craig