From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:51:20 -0000
Just a warning to members of the list - as a result of sending this message
I received a message from a Dot Burford which contained a virus,
specifically a file named IMAGES.DOC.pif which appears only as IMAGES.DOC

I sent a reply to Dot Burford but not only does her address apparently not
exist but a number of immediate bounces show that my computer is sending
messages left, right and centre. I thought I checked the attachments but did
not do it properly. I have not yet found out which virus this is, but I warn
members not to open attachments in the near future - or ever, for that
matter - and if anything comes which looks remoterly suspicious, check it.
And meanwhile, can anyone recommend a good virus information site?