From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:20:32 -0400
Anita: Interesting that you should mention this.  My cousin Leonard Tabor has an ancestor who served  as an aide to the future president Monroe when he was a young man.  He was free and is a part of the Harris-Blackburn family in North Wilkesboro,NC.  My mom's big brother married into the family in the very early 1930s and this is how I and my brothers are related to them.  they are all very fair and some of them also have freckles.  They have a large family reunion each year in late August-early September.  Jane.