From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:04:05 -0400
For years executions were public, drew large crowds, and were
considered a kind of "holiday". Huge crowds used to gather at Tyburn
to watch hangings in London. And equally huge crowds gathered to
watch the executions during the Terror in France. It is therefor not
really surprising that a lynching might elicit the same kind of
behavior. There is, unfortunately, historic precedence. There are
some mighty peculiar people out there. One could argue that the
extreme violence in many movies is feeding the same impulses. Can't
say that this is the kind of thing I would want to attend and I'm not
interested in gratuitous violence in films either.

James Brothers, RPA