From:
Hist Docs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:56:16 -0400
Surely, I suggested nothing other than you attempt to discern the difference.

>I will repeat that it is inappropriate of you to scourate Jane for her
>comments without taking to task the miscreant who first deviated from the
>"historical" focus of the list.

And I strongly believe it is highly inappropriate of you to refer to any member of this list as a "miscreant."

>Further, I do not see this list as promoting the "importance" of history, so much as a discussion of the meat of >history.

And I agree with you; however, I tend to believe the "importance" of history lies *within* the "meat" of history.

Subjectivity: A two way street.

R Burnett Jenkins