From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:24:35 -0500
Is there any display in Petersburg on this project? At the Battlefield
Park? At or planned for the Library?

My students are a home school family in Petersburg. For the last two months
of last year, we read from the autobiography of Frederick Douglas,  to
learn about his life as a slave. Among others, we will study Harriet Tubman
in February. If there is something we can visit in Petersburg to learn more
about slavery, it would make a nice field trip in February.

Who was Leonard Grimes?

                                 Anne

At 09:49 AM 1/13/03 -0500, you wrote:
>If I can help in any way or provide UGRR materials, please let me know. As
>you may have heard, Tara and I have been trying to foment UGRR
>documentation in Petersburg and next in Delmarva in the spring. Is there
>someone working on a book on Leonard Grimes? I love to tell people about
>him (which I learned thanks to you and Kathryn Grover). Can you suggest any
>sites or programs or libraries/museums in Richmond that we should urge to
>apply to the National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom?

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org