From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:54:55 -0500
Tom,

         The comment "you are obviously a ****ist" is inappropriate in that
it constitutes a personal attack rather than an attack on the "uncited
ramblings". I don't know how much more "proof" you need to learn that
Lincoln was sympathetic to abolitionists and was indeed an "emancipator".
Lincoln certain had a more direct role in the emancipation of southern
slaves which resulted in the emancipation of all slaves when Congress
amended the constitution than Reagan did in the removal of the Berlin Wall,
but credit is given to both. I've seen mention of Lincoln's discussions
with such abolitionists as Frederick Douglass, both by Douglass' own hand
and by his biographers. I am quite certain Douglass was not the only
abolitionist who had Lincoln's ear.

                                                         Anne

At 09:13 AM 2/25/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Paul - are we alsways supposed to get your uncited ramblings - you are
>obviously a Federalist believe and believe in this vein, Lincoln a true hero.
>  Where is his abolutionist/emancipator proof?   He was neither.
>
>Tom
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org