From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:09:28 -0400
J South,

Again, you pick the one person who is NOT difficult to teach children about.
Susan B. Anthony is the one who is hard to teach since, at least according
to those who maintain her historical site, there is not a single picture of
her smiling. My little students who were making a powerpoint one year about
the 2nd grade SOL people, commented that "she looks like she got up grumpy
that morning". The historians I told this to, said that she was a very
serious person.

Many 2nd graders are playing little league baseball and see heroes in those
who mastered the game. In that sense, Jackie Robinson is a graceful way to
make history less onerous!

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert