From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 16:30:02 -0400
Lyle,

I think there is little doubt slavery would have come to end. The more interesting question is how is how and when. Wold the American Colonization Society have deported hundreds of thousands of former slaves to Liberia? How would that have impacted Liberia? (They were jubilantly expecting an infusion of 100,000 former slaves based on Mr. Lincoln's first proposals in this regard....but then again that is not the question).

How would this have affected American social dynamics? Civil Rights? Desegregation?

Fascinating to play "What If"

Craig Kilby

P.S. You should have known this thread would have been hijacked when you hit the send button!