From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 22:34:49 -0400
On May 7, 2008, at 9:55 PM, Anne Pemberton wrote:

> Herb, it is always better to look at the broader picture. Limiting
> your belief to only scientific testing is limiting your ability to
> approach this issue logically.
Good grief, here we go again. This is getting to the point that it's
as bad as 10 archaeologists in a room and having 11 opinions as to
what something means. All the argument in the world is not going to
solve the case as it is now.

Science has that capability. If you want the answers, then DNA testing
is the only means of getting there. All this pop-psychology of WWTJD
is just so much hot air. It gets us not one jot farther along to
solving the problem than before. But, alas, we're dealing with
fallible, or stubborn or whatever people who have agendas, conscious
or not. Were it in my power, I'd dig up the lot of them and get some
DNA and chips fall where they may.

In my world, this has happened all too often. We get a big man who's
word is law, we argue the case and we all get to a point where we can
go no farther. Until the next bit of evidence comes in and then off
the pedestal the big man comes. We propose another grand idea and we
argue the evidence to exhaustion and then wait until the next bit
comes along. That's how science works. It's evidence driven, and is
not ultimately driven by posturing in one direction or another.

Bottom line is if you want to know whether TJ dallied with SH, dig'em
up and test'em, all of them. The truth is in the alleles.

> If you clear your mind of your prejudice, you may be able to let in
> a little sunshine and logic.
May you live by those words as well.

Lyle Browning, RPA