From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:30:11 -0400
Hello again to all,

Just to explain, I am very interested in traditional Virginia music,
ergo my involvement (and Barbara's) in projects like Virginia Roots
Music: http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whoweare/exhibits/rootsmusic/index.htm
and LVA's traveling exhibition "Old Dominion Songsters: Traditional
Blues in Virginia" which is currently starting its run at the
Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center.  I play a little, too.

I found this citation in the Goertzen article cited below which I read
while developing Virginia Roots Music.   The article is primarily about
modern fiddle contests and the development of national and regional
styles.

I'm glad my co-workers are relatively circumspect when writing emails.

Gregg

Gregg D. Kimball
Director of Publications
  and Educational Services