From:
Joan Horsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:03:34 -0800
Thanks a lot, Mick. I had no idea there might be that kind of detail available in the originals--can't wait to see them. (For anyone else interested, it's LVA Miscellaneous Microfilm Reel number 1263. Explanation of what is included is at: 1790 Virginia Census VA-NOTES <http://www.lva.virginia.gov/whatwehave/census/va2_1790census.htm> )

I have also wondered if for some who had no "dwelling" but had "other buildings" that might mean where they lived was also used as a store, or a craftsman's shop, or tavern, or some such. (For example, one person I identified was a blacksmith.) Do you recall any mention or indication of shops in the Halifax & Pittsy information?

I appreciate your reply.--Joan