From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:41:45 -0400
That with the exception of Leo Frank (Jewish) in Georgia in 1906 (date?) and
the lynching of a number of southern Italians in New Orleans in the 1880s
(the so-called Matranga conspiracy), all those lynched (public, often
previously announced extra-judicial murders) were people of color, should
give one pause.  "Racist" to observe that public murders of people of color,
chiefly in the South, but extending over almost the entire US, had the
support of the majority if not near the entirity of the white population?  I
don't think so.

I could say more but I will leave it at that.

Harold S. Forsythe