From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:14:51 -0500
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa! I hate meandering like this, but if you remember the
Rich-mun Tall-himers, do you remember the White Castle of 50 years ago? I
loved those little things.

Yeppers, I remember the "ice box" and ice and milk being delivered. The
cream sitting right on top of the milk. But we had "upgraded" to a "fridge"
when mom would make Kool-Aid Popsicles. Just pour some Kool-Aid in an ice
tray (grape and cherry were best) and, when it began to solidify, stand an
old Popsicle stick, toothpick or cut-down straw in it. Next thing you knew,
you had homemade Popsicles -- cheap, enough for all the kids, and yummy!

Hm-m-m-m, I don't know why I need to say this, but I remember eating figs
right from the tree as a kid. Now-a-days you are lucky to find a fig
regardless of where it comes from. (Although I do know of a couple "stashes"
on the Eastern Shore.)

Tom from Den-bee (part of old War-ick) in New-pert Newz
Eastern Shore & More Forum
http://www.easternshoremore.com/forum/