From:
ned heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 21:38:46 -0400
At 7:47 PM -0500 5/4/01, Loretta Kelldorf wrote:
>Is it possible to enlist the assistance of your local tiers of government,
>the Chamber of Commerce and whatever local Economic Development Council you
>may have to reinforce your pleas for more funding?

Unfortunately, we have in government today a class of people who
believe that the only useful product of any government is tax relief.
They yell and rant for tax reductions without realizing, or without
caring, that every cut in taxes must equate to a similar cut in
services. Clearly they don't believe in providing services to the
citizens.

The folly of cutting taxes is obvious to anyone with half a brain,
which I believe provides a quantitative measure of current government
intelligence.  You have a governor who thinks that cutting a car tax
is an important government goal, regardless of the consequences.  He
obviously values cutting the relatively benign tax far more than he
values delivery of services to citizens.

Fascists had cool-looking uniforms and they made the trains run on
time. Does that justify the rest of Fascist programs?  I think a
useful analogy can be drawn with the current leadership at the state
and national levels.

--
* Grass clippings this *